Wednesday, September 29, 2010

How we met

Garrett and I met in the summer of 2005. You'll have to excuse me while I explain how we ended up in the same ward because although the details are really relevant to our meeting I just think it's an awesome story :)

I have never lived outside of Orem, Utah. I was even born in Orem Community Hospital. When I was born, we lived in a small house in northwest Orem for a few years and when I was only 3 or so we moved into a split entry house just a few blocks from my first house. That was the house that I grew up in. We lived there until I was 17 and we weren't ever going to move. My dad loved living there and I was convinced we wouldn't move if our lives depended on it. I won't give specifics, but I didn't like living there...I hated it. I didn't even go to the school we were in the boundaries for. I went to Mountain View for the first 2 years of high school (we were in the boundaries for Timpanogos) and I had already transferred to Orem High before all this happened. My mom and I had a sort of "hobby" of driving around and seeing houses for sale, getting their paper fliers, and just spending time together really. We knew about the neighborhood we live in now because I had some friends that lived here (Corey and Skyler Mann) and we really were just in love with the neighborhood so we liked to check it every once in a while just for fun. We were driving around one monday and noticed the house we live in now was for sale and the first thing I said was, "Well, we'd have to paint the blue door" completely joking because we would never move! We got home and my mom told my dad where we had been and he said, "Well, show me the houses you went and saw." This was epic...I thought that either hell had frozen over or surely my dad was possessed. Well my mom showed him this house and the first thing he said was, "Well, we'd have to paint the blue door." Then he said he wanted to go see it...I can't explain the state of shock this put my mom and I in...in was surreal haha. Anyway, here's where it gets fast...so let me break it down into days
  • Monday: We drove by the house
  • Tuesday: We went and saw the house
  • Wednesday: My parents went and saw it again and verbally agreed to buy it
  • Sunday: We went to church and told no one we might be moving
  • Monday: We signed papers
  • Friday: We closed and I moved in (I moved in before the rest of my family because I moved my stuff over so quick and I wouldn't be able to help with moving the next week)
  • Sunday: My dad and I attended the new ward
Alright, I'll go back to the stuff you actually care about ;) So the first Sunday we went to the new ward I went to Sunday school and that's when I met Garrett York. The first thing I thought when I saw him was how "striking" his looks were...the exact words that went through my head, I think, were "Wow, he has such a striking look" About a year ago I asked him what his first thoughts about me were and he said, "I thought, 'I could date her...meh, Skyler or Corey will get to her first.'" Little did he know that Skyler and Corey were pretty much my brothers and that was NOT going to happen.

So there you go, that's how we met. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment